As a UK wide body, the General Medical Council regulates doctors registered in all four countries of the UK.
The national offices were set up to help respond to devolution and make sure regulation remains appropriate in all four countries, which increasingly have different health policies and structures.
The offices are responsible for:
- raising awareness of the role and functions of the GMC
- ensuring the views of all key interest groups are considered in the development of our policy and guidance
- monitoring developments in health policy, legislation and structures in each country and assisting the GMC’s response where appropriate
- liaising with the Scottish Parliament and other decision makers regarding changes in medical regulation
- Providing a point of contact for doctors and their representatives, patients and the public, politicians, policy makers, academics and employers.
Contacting the GMC office in Scotland
Tel: 0131 525 8700
Writing to the GMC office in Scotland
The Tun 4
Good Medical Practice
Documentation relating to Good Medical Practice can be viewed in the LMC library or on the GMC website.
If you have been referred to the GMC this link will hold helpful information. As an LMC please contact the office and ask to speak to one of the medical Secretaries confidentially. We are here to support you and able to sign post you to additional support if needed.