Under the Data Protection Act 1998, Patients have a right to know who holds personal information about them and to view this information.
This person or organisation that holds this information is called the data controller.
Patients who request a copy of their records may be charged a reasonable administration fee.
If patients request information about secondary Care services or services out with your General Practice then they should be referred to the NHS Board Data controller.
The contact for this is:
Information Governance Manager
NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde.
Telephone: 0141 211 1790
Access to Medical Records Library
- Police Request To Access Records
- 002 Procedure For Confidentiality, Security and the Release and Management of Information (1.2 MiB)
- 012 Procedure For Managing Subject Access Requests Revised Feb 2012 (556.2 KiB)
- Access To Health Records Deceased Form - V2 January 2014 (74.9 KiB)
- Access To Health Records Form Subject Access - Latest (74.9 KiB)
- BMA AccessHealthRecordsGuidanceDec2008 Tcm41-147218 (76.1 KiB)
- BMA Scottish Law Society Consent Form For Medical Records (148.7 KiB)
- Document 3 - Confidentiality Flyer - Oct 08 (3.6 MiB)
- Focus on Subject Access Requests for insurance purposed August 2015 FINAL (304.0 KiB)
- GMC Guidance Confidentiality 0513 Revised (278.1 KiB)
- IGPR Advice To LMCs Oct 2015 (15.6 KiB)
- Information Commissioner’s Office Subject Access Code of Practice (897.0 KiB)
- PoALeaflet What is A Power of Atorney (88.5 KiB)